Must Carry below things to carry with you While travelling to the hill station.
Several of us love to travel on hills, especially in summers. There are many hills which are on low altitude & some are on high altitude. So here we are going to discuss it. What do we need to carry with us if we are going to the hills?
Nine things to carry before traveling
- Carry an oxygen cylinder with you( cost is around Rs 400 for 9ltr).
- Packt of camphor. You can bring some pieces of camphor with you & put that in a small cloth & inhale that when you feel. You are not able to take a proper breath.
- Drink at least six ltr water everyday & your mouth should not be dry. ( Carry at least extra water bottle with you because there are no shops from Rohtang pass to chatru )
- Drink soup as much possible on High attitude ( Veg only )
- Avoid nonveg & alcohol on day one.
- Must carry vomit, Allergic, constipation, fever & pain killer with you.
- Drink boil water & tea as much you can do.
- Must carry a spare petrol tank at least 20 Ltr. Because of some of the hill stations has no petrol pump. You can compare it from Manali to Spiti. Spiti has only on the petrol pump. You may face a petrol & diesel problem.
- If you are traveling for Spiti & Chandratal, always go through 4X4 vehicles only. Because of rest, all cars are waste theirs. The road is not suitable for other vehicles & you will not get a mechanic there till 100 Kms.
Special note for bikers:-Things to carry before travelling
01) Always wear good quality jackets & helmets while traveling to the hills. Because of chilly winds & rainy weather.
02) At least two tanks of spare petrol.
03) Wear always a good quality of full bodyguards to protect yourself from stones & slippery bike accident.
04) Go pro to make good videos. If you don’t want to buy costly, then go for Mi. They have the right go pro at the lowest rate.
Road trip by Motorbike and Things to carry before travelling
Today we have a generation who love to travel through their bike. Especially Royal Enfield bikes are very famous in this. Various groups go together for their enthusiasm. A few names I suggested below.
01) India bull riders were started in 2007 by Sajeesh Nair.
02 ) Harley owner group.
03) Rolling Wheels rider club
There are few states which are on high altitude & dangerous too. Such as Himachal, Uttarakhand & Leh Ladakh. These are the best states in India that are famous for high altitude & motorcycles.
Himachal is a paradise for bikers. Because of zig-zag roads & chilly winds. Himachal itself many travel destinations which are very famous & some are still not seen by people. Below I have provided the complete details about the places.
What is need to know before traveling to Chandra Tal?
Chandratal Lake in summer
Chandratal is one of the best places to see in Himachal Pradesh. Which remains covered by snow from November mid to May month & it remains open from June to Oct month. I would recommend you to make a plan to Chandra Tal between June to October. Because this is the only suitable time to visit Chandratal lake also, you should know about the Things to carry before travelling to Chandra Tal. While going, you might face oxygen or high altitude sickness problems, so you can be prepared for it in advance through the above information.
Manali to Chandra Tal via Batal
The roads are hazardous & most adventures. If you want to enjoy the real experience, I would suggest you go to this place once in your life. You will never regret it because Manali to Chandra Tal roads is incredible. Their way is not good at all & one side you find the Chenab river.
Chenab river Spiti valley
While traveling to Chandratal, several roads are not suitable due to rainfall & landslide. You would have to keep aside the big stones. Before you are planning to go, Chandra Tal, I would recommend you. Book your camps in advance. Because there is minimal camp stay in Chandratal. A few names I have shared on Manali to Chandra Tal blog.
How to Plan Chandratal?
Once you reach Chandra Tal Camp, check in to the camp & relax for a minimum of 4 hrs because Chandra Tal has a low oxygen place & 14100 feet above from the sea level. I would always say to know about Things to carry before travelling.
Next day early morning check out from the hotel & drive to Chandratal Lake. It’s one of the best lakes in Asia. For the visiting of Chandra Tal Lake, you would have to do 2 km trek. Because of beauty never meets easily. Trek is too easy; anyone can trek that place.
Passes between Manali to Chandratal Lake
You will cross two passes to reach Chandratal Lake. One is Rohtang pass & the second one is Kunzum pass. Both passes are best in their way. Your vehicle will pass through both passes & especially if you are passing through Rohtang pass. You would have to carry a permit for passing Rohtang. Because of 2015, NGT has started a permit to visit Rohtang pass. Manali to Chandra Tal is around 150 Kms Journey, & It takes 9 hrs to cover this journey. But you will not get bored from the trip.
Kaza, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Spiti is known as the cold desert of India. There you will find many monasteries & high peaks and its 12500. Above from the sea level. One of the best parts of spiti is roads are neat & clean & well maintained by the B.R. O ( Border Road organization). Key Monastery is one of the best attractions in the Spiti Valley & World height post office. If you want to surprise your friends & family from the post. You must go to visit the heights post office.
Chicham Bridge Spiti Valley
Spiti lake is also a perfect attraction to Kaza. If you are a photographer & want to sell your landscape photographs, you must visit this place because the place has its beauty, which you will never get in other areas. But as much this place is attractive the same, it’s dangerous too because of low oxygen. We always recommend people stay for two nights minimum in Kaza. Because of on day one you can accumulate the weather & on day second you can go for sightseeing.
If you are traveling from Chandratal to Spiti, then surely you cover the Chicham bridge. Its the heights bridge of Asia & most beautiful too. The construction of the 120 Mtr. Span cable suspension stiffened steel truss Chicham bridge over samba Lamba Nallah on Kiato Chicham Kibber road.
It inaugurated by Shri Veer Bhadra Singh Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, The view from Chicham bridge is terrific & mountains look like in different colors. Some are green, some are red & some are yellow.
Distance between Manali to Chandratal 150 Km Approx
Chandratal to Spiti 90 Kms
Let us know if you want to know more about the destination & tips.